- PhD, University of Kansas, 2011
- MA, University of Kansas, 2008
- BS, Brigham Young University, 2004
My program of research addresses prevention of and intervention for childhood and adolescent obesity and related disorders. I have primarily focused my research efforts on (a) developing and evaluating behavioral weight control programs for children and adolescents, (b) investigating the psychological and social experiences of overweight and obese youth (e.g., peer victimization; quality of life), (c) assessing the utility of innovative technologies in pediatric obesity prevention and intervention, and (d) examining neural processes relevant to weight-related pediatric behavior.
- The Obesity Society
- American Psychological Association
- Society of Pediatric Psychology - APA Division 54
- Chad D Jensen, Kristina M Duncombe, Mark A Lott, Sanita M Hunsaker, Kara M Duraccio, Susan J Woolford (2016). An evaluation of a smartphone-assisted behavioral weight control intervention for adolescents: Pilot study. JMIR mHealth & uHealth.
- Jonathan Mietchen, Shawn D Gale, Chad D Jensen (2016). Parent-reported deficits in executive function and sleep disordered breathing in adolescent behavioral weight loss program participants. Journal of Pediatric Neuropsychology.
- Chad D Jensen, Kara M Duraccio, Kaylie A Carbine, Christopher B Kirwan (2016). Topical Review: Unique contributions of magnetic resonance imagining to pediatric psychology research. Journal of Pediatric Psychology.
- Chad D Jensen, Sanita L Hunsaker, Tori L Van Dyk, Timothy D Nelson, Michael L Sandridge, Bruce W Bailey (2015). Effectiveness of a parent health report intervention to increase physical activity among preschoolers. Children's Health Care.
- Chad D Jensen, Christopher B Kirwan (2015). Functional brain response to food images in successful adolescent weight losers compared to normal weight and overweight controls. Obesity.
- Christopher C. Cushing, Chad D Jensen, Mary B. Miller, Thad R. Leffingwell (2014). Motivational interviewing for adolescent health behavior: A meta-analysis. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology.
- Chad D Jensen, Kara Duraccio, Sanita L Hunsaker, Diana Rancourt, Elizabeth Kuhl, Elissa Jelalian, Rena R Wing (2014). A qualitative study of successful adolescent weight losers: Implications for weight control intervention. Childhood Obesity.
- Ric G. Steele, Chad D Jensen, Laurie Gayes, Hillary C. Liebold (2014). Medium is the message: Moderate parental control of feeding correlates with improved weight outcome in a pediatric obesity intervention. Journal of Pediatric Psychology.
- Chad D Jensen, Christopher C Cushing, Allison R Elledge (2014). Associations between teasing, quality of life, and physical activity among preadolescent children. Journal of Pediatric Psychology.
- Ric G Steele, Yelena P Wu, Christopher C Cushing, Chad D Jensen (2013). Evaluation of child health matters: A web-based tutorial to enhance school nurses’ communications with families about weight-related health. Journal of School Nursing.