Jini Roby, Professor
Department: Social WorkVita
Jini Roby was adopted from South Korea at the age of 14. She is married to Dr. C.Y. Roby and they have three daughters, two sons in law and a grandson. Jini has worked extensively in Africa, Asia and the U.S. on child welfare/child protection issues as a social worker and attorney.
- JD, BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY, 1990
- MS, BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY, 1984
- MSW, BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY, 1984
- BS, BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY, 1977
International child welfare with a focus on orphan care and supportive parenting policies and programming.
- Jini L Roby, Karen Smith Rotabi, Kelley McCreery Bunkers (2016). Altruistic exploitation: Orphan tourism and global social work. British Journal of Social Work.
- Todd Jensen, Kevin M Shafer, Carlos Y. Roby, Jini L Roby (2015). Sex offender populations and clinical efficacy: A response to Rosky. Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
- Todd M Jensen, Kevin Shafer, Carlos Y Roby, Jini L Roby (2014). Sexual history disclosure polygraph outcomes: Do juveniles and adult sex offenders differ? Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
- Jini L Roby, Joan Pennell, Karen Rotabi, Kelley McCreery Bunkers, Sully de Ucles (2014). Contextual adaptation of Family Group Conferencing model: Early evidence from Guatemala. British Journal of Social Work.
- Jini L Roby (2014). Editorial . Editorial on human trafficking.
- Jini L Roby, Stacey A Shaw, Laurel H George (2013). Perception of food and labor equity among orphans living in kin care in Uganda. Internationa Journal of Social Welfare.
- Jini L Roby (2012). Family group conferencing as a culturally adaptable intervention: Reforming intercountry adoption in Guatemala. International Social Work.
- Jini L Roby (2012). Human rights considerations in intercountry adoption: The children and families of Cambodia and Marshall Islands. Intercountry adoption: Policies, practices and outcomes.
- Jini L Roby (2012). Human trafficking. Handbook of international social work.
- Keri Anne Dyer, Jini L Roby, Randal D Day, Rodreck Mupedziswa (2011). Father involvement in Botswana: How adolescents perceive father presence and support. Families in Society.