John Hawkins, Professor
1968: Hired by Robert Blair (Linguistics) to help John Robertson (Linguistics) research and complete a language teaching volume on Mam-Maya. That got me started in Guatemala.
Merlin Myers (Anthropology) cemented my intellectual interest in socio-cultural anthropology. I have been conducting research and writing about Guatemala ever since.
- PHD, UNIV OF CHICAGO, 1978
- AM, UNIV OF CHICAGO, 1972
- BS, BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY, 1970
Guatemala, Religion, Kinship, Field Methods
- Research Experience for Undergraduates - ($330,000 over 3 years), NSF, 2007
- Research Experience for Undergraduates ($94,000/yr for 2 years), National Science Foundation, 2004
- REsearch Grant, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, 1994