- Ph.D., Princeton University, 2012
- M.P.A., Princeton University, 2008
- U.R.P., Princeton University, 2008
- B.S., Brigham Young University, 2001
Race and Space, Housing Segregation, Mortgage Lending, Stratification, Latinos, Immigration, Racial Discrimination
- John Hope Franklin Prize, Law & Society Association, 2016
- Kimberlé Crenshaw Outstanding Article Award, Honorable Mention, Society for the Study of Social Problems, 2016
- Society for the Study of Social Problems
- Population Association of America
- American Sociological Association
- Douglas S Massey, Jacob S Rugh (2018). The Intersection of Race and Class: Zoning, Affordable Housing, and Segregation in U.S. Metropolitan Areas. The Fight for Fair Housing: Causes, Consequences and Future Implications of the 1968 Federal Fair Housing Act.
- Jacob S Rugh, Matthew Hall (2016). Deporting the American Dream: Immigration Enforcement and Latino Foreclosures. Sociological Science.
- Douglas S Massey, Justin Steil, Len Albright, Jacob S Rugh (2016). ‘Riding the Stagecoach to Hell:’ A Qualitative Analysis of Racial Discrimination in Mortgage Lending. City & Community.
- Scott Russell Sanders, Lance David Erickson, Vaughn R A Call, Jacob S Rugh, Matthew McKnight (2016). Healthcare Utilization in the Heartland: How Healthcare Selection Varies Between Rural Retirement-Age Migrants and Long-Term Residents. Rural Sociology.
- Jacob S Rugh (2016). Painting the Whole Picture: Foreclosure Rates among Asian American Ethnic Groups in Orlando, Florida, and Phoenix, Arizona. AAPI Nexus Journal: Policy, Practice, and Community.
- Derek Hyra, Jacob S Rugh (2016). The US Great Recession: Exploring Its Association with Black Neighborhood Rise, Decline and Recovery. Urban Geography.
- Jacob S Rugh, Len Albright, Douglas S Massey (2015). Race, Space, and Cumulative Disadvantage: A Case Study of the Subprime Mortgage Collapse. Social Problems.
- Jacob S Rugh (2015). Double Jeopardy: Why Latinos Were Hit Hardest by the US Foreclosure Crisis. Social Forces.
- Jacob S Rugh, Douglas S. Massey (2014). Segregation in Post-Civil Rights America: Stalled Integration or End of the Segregated Century? Du Bois Review: Social Science Research on Race.
- Kuebler Meghan, Jacob S Rugh (2013). New Evidence on Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Homeownership in the United States from 2001 to 2010. Social Science Research.