- Ph.D., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2005
- M.A., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2001
- B.S., Central Michigan University, 1999
Dr. Walker's primary research interests focus on parenting and media influences during adolescence and emerging adulthood. She also studies how these socialization sources impact adolescents' prosocial and moral development.
- International Society for the Study of Behavioral Development (ISSBD)
- Society for Research on Child Development
- Laura Padilla Walker, Sarah Marie Coyne, Ashley M Fraser, Laura Stockdale (2013). Is Disney the nicest place on earth? Prosocial behavior in Disney films. Journal of Communication.
- Laura Padilla Walker, Randal D Day, William J Dyer, Brent C Black (2013). "Keep on keeping on, even when it’s hard!” Predictors and outcomes of adolescent persistence. Journal of Early Adolescence .
- Ashley M Fraser , Laura Padilla Walker, Sarah Marie Coyne, Larry J Nelson, Laura A Stockdale (2012). Bringing out the inner soldier: Associations between violent video games, empathy, and prosocial behavior toward three targets. Journal of Youth and Adolescence.
- Laura Padilla Walker, Ashley M. Fraser, James M Harper (2012). Walking the walk: The moderating role of proactive parenting on adolescents’ value-congruent behaviors. Journal of Adolescence.
- Laura Padilla Walker, Sarah Marie Coyne, Ashley Fraser, William J Dyer, Jeremy B Yorgason (2012). Parents and adolescents growing up in the digital age: Latent growth curve analysis of proactive media monitoring. Journal of Adolescence.
- Laura Padilla Walker, Larry J Nelson (2012). Black Hawk Down? Establishing helicopter parenting as a distinct construct from other forms of parental control during emerging adulthood. Journal of Adolescence.
- Laura Padilla Walker, Sarah Marie Coyne (2012). Getting a high speed family connection: Associations between family media use and family connection. Family Relations .
- Laura Padilla Walker, Gustavo Carlo , Katherine Christensen, Jeremy B Yorgason (2012). Bidirectional relations between authoritative parenting and adolescents' prosocial behaviors . Journal of Research on Adolescence .
- Laura Padilla Walker, Larry J Nelson, Jason Carroll (2012). Affording Emerging Adulthood: Parents' Financial Involvement With Their Emerging Adult Children. Journal of Adult Development .
- Carolyn McNamara Barry, Laura Padilla Walker, Larry J Nelson (2012). The role of mothers and media on emerging adults' religious faith and practices by way of internalization of prosocial values. Journal of Adult Development .