- PhD, University of Utah, 1971
- MS, University of Utah, 1968
- BS, University of Utah, 1967
I study the outcomes of psychotherapy on treated patients. Activities include the development of mental health vital sign lab tests that are used to prevent treatment failure and help clinicians manage difficult to treat cases.
- Honorary Doctoral Degree, Bestowed by The Univeristy of Jyväskylä, Jyväskylä, Finland, September, 2013.
- American Psychological Association
- Michael J Lambert (2016). When people change and its relation to specific therapy techniques and common factors. Verhaltenstherapie.
- Michael Barkham, Wolfgang Lutz, Michael J. Lambert, David Saxton (2016). Therapist effects, effective therapists,and the law of variability. Therapist effects.
- David McConkie Erekson, Michael J Lambert (2016). Different lens or different picture? Comparing methods of defining dramatic change in psychotherapy. Psychotherapy Research.
- Melissa White, Michael J Lambert, Russell James Bailey, S. B. McLaughlin, Benjamin Mckay Ogles (2015). Understanding the Assessment for Signal Clients as a feedback tool for reducing treatment failure. Psychotherapy Research.
- Michael J Lambert, B. P. Hansen, E. N. Vlass (2015). Calling for more case studies of exceptional and efficient psychotherapists. Pragmatic Case Studies in Psychotherapy.
- Michael J Lambert, Russell James Bailey, Melissa White, K. M. Tingey, E. Stevens (2015). Clinical Support Tool Manual--brief version-40.
- S. A. Mondragon, Michael J Lambert, Stevan L Nielsen, D. Erikson (2015). Comparative psychotherapy outcomes of sexual minority clients and controls. International Journal of Education & Social Science.
- D. Beckstead, Michael J Lambert, A. Dubose, M. Linehan (2015). Dialectical behavioral therapy with American Indian/Alaskan Native adolescents: Combining an evidence-based treatment with cultural, traditional and spiritual beliefs. Addictive Behaviors.
- Michael J Lambert, K. L. Harmon (2015). Effectiveness of psychological treatment. International Encyclopedia of Social & Behavioral Sciences.
- Michael J Lambert (2015). Effectiveness of psychotherapeutic treatment. Resonanzen E-Journal fur Biopsychosoziale, Supervision, & Beratung.