Renata Forste, Professor
Forste received her PhD from the University of Chicago in 1992. She was an assistant professor at Western Washington University for three years in Bellingham, Washington. Forste joined the faculty at BYU in 1995 in the department of sociology.
- PHD, UNIV OF CHICAGO, 1992
- MS, BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY, 1986
- BS, BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY, 1984
Primary research interests include child health and patterns of family formation and interaction that influence child health.
- Hayley Pierce, Ashley L Gibby, Renata A Forste (2016). Caregiver Decision-making: Household Response to Child Illness. Population Research and Policy Review.
- Benjamin Guild Gibbs, Renata A Forste (2014). Socioeconomic Status, Infant Feeding Practices, and Early Childhood Obesity. Pediatric Obesity.
- Benjamin Guild Gibbs, Renata A Forste (2014). Breastfeeding, Parenting, and Early Cognitive Development. The Journal of Pediatrics.
- Renata A Forste, Wade C Jacobsen (2013). Divorced Mothers and Higher Education in Utah. Marriage & Family Review.
- Renata A Forste, Erin Moore (2012). Adolescent Obesity and Life Satisfaction: Perceptions of Self, Peers, Family, and School. Economics and Human Biology.
- Renata A Forste, Kiira Fox (2012). Household Labor, Gender Roles, and Family Satisfaction: A Cross-National Comparison. Journal of Comparative Family Studies.
- Renata A Forste, Lynda Clarke, Stephen J Bahr (2011). Staying Out of Trouble: Intentions of Young Male Offenders. International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology.
- Wade C Jacobsen, Renata A Forste (2011). The Wired Generation: Academic and Social Outcomes of Electronic Media Use Among University Students. Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking.
- Simon Peter Kayiki, Renata A Forste (2011). HIV/AIDS Related Knowledge and Perceived Risk Associated with Condom Use among Adolescents in Uganda. African Journal of Reproductive Health.