- PhD, University of Utah, 1996
- MS, University of Utah, 1992
- BS, Westminster College, 1988
- AS, Brigham Young University, 1975
My research focuses on brain-behavior relationships. One area of research examines the effect of critical illness on cognitive and psychological function (i.e., anxiety, depression, and posttraumatic stress disorder) and the relationship between cognitive function and brain imaging. Another area of research assesses whether interventions such as physical or cognitive rehabilitation can improve cognitive function following critical illness. A third area of research focuses on memory and how memory is affected following brain injury.
- Z J Urgolites, S Kim, Ramona Ovard Hopkins, Larry R Squire (2016). Map reading, navigating from maps, and the medial temporal lobe. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science U.S.A.,
- G O'Connell, C E Myers, Ramona Ovard Hopkins, R PMcLaren , Mark A Gluck, A J Willis (2016). Amnesic patients show superior generalization in category learning. Neuropsychology.
- A J Dede, S Kim, Ramona Ovard Hopkins, Larry R Squire (2016). Autobiographical memory, future imagining, and the medial temporal lobe. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science USA.
- J M Butler, E L Hirshberg, Ramona Ovard Hopkins, E L Wilson, J Orme, S J Beesley, Samuel M Brown, (2016). Preliminary identification of copying profiles relevant to surrogate decision making in the ICU. PLOS One.
- K S Chan, L A Friedman, O J Bienvenu, Victor D Dinglas, B H Cuthbertson, R Porter, C Jones, Ramona Ovard Hopkins, Dale M Needham (2016). Distribution-based estimates of minimal important difference for the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale and the Impact of Event Scale-Revised in survivors of acute respiratory failure. General Hospital Psychiatry.
- E R Pfoh, K S Chan, Victor D Dinglas, B H Cutherbertson, D Elliott, R Porter, O J Bienvenu, Ramona Ovard Hopkins, Dale M Needham (2016). The SF-36 identifies depression and anxiety symptoms in acute respiratory failure survivors: a tri-national cross-sectional analysis. Annals of the American Thoracic Society.
- Sarah J Beesley, Ramona Ovard Hopkins, L Francis, J Johnson, N Johnson, Samuel M Brown (2016). Let them in: Family presence during intensive care unit procedures. Annals of the American Thoracic Society.
- A E Turnbull, A Rabiee, W E Davis, M F Nasser, V R Venna, R Lolitha, Ramona Ovard Hopkins, O J Bienvenu, K A Robinson, Dale M Needham (2016). Outcomes measurement of ICU survivorship from 1970-2013: A scoping review of 425 publications. Crtical Care Medicine.
- Ramona Ovard Hopkins, Mary R. Suchyta, Katrin Beene, James C. Jackson (2016). Critical illness acquired brain injury: Neuroimaging and implications for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation Psychology.
- Kitty S. Chan, Lisa Aronson Friedman, Victor D. Dinglas, Catherine L. Hough, Peter E. Morris, Pedro A. Mendez-Tellez, James C. Jackson, E. Wesley Ely, Ramona Ovard Hopkins, Dale M. Needham (2016). Evaluating physical outcomes in acute respiratory distress syndrome survivors: Validity, responsiveness and minimal important difference of 4-meter gait speed test. Critical Care Medicine.