- PhD, The Ohio State University, 2009
- MA, The Ohio State University, 2005
- BA, The Ohio State University, 2002
Stepfamilies, fathering in the US and Latin America, men's mental health and help-seeking in the US and Latin America
- Benjamin Guild Gibbs, Kevin M Shafer, Mikaela J Dufur (2015). Why Infer? The Use and Misuse of Population Data in Sport Research. International Review for the Sociology of Sport.
- Kevin M Shafer, Todd M Jensen, Jeffry Hale Larson (2014). An Actor-Partner Model of Relationship Effort and Marital Quality. Family Relations.
- Todd M Jensen, Kevin M Shafer, Jeffry Hale Larson (2014). Differences in Relationship Quality Measurement and Covariate Influence Between Individuals in First and Second Marriages: A Propensity Score Analysis. Marriage & Family Review.
- Gordon E Limb, Kevin M Shafer, Katrina Sandoval (2014). The Impact of Kin Support on Urban American Indian Families. Child & Family Social Work.
- Todd M Jensen, Kevin M Shafer, Jeffry Hale Larson (2014). Stepparenting Attitudes and Expectations: Implications for Stepfamily Functioning and Clinical Intervention. Families in Society.
- Kevin M Shafer, Todd M Jensen, Jeffry Hale Larson (2014). Relationship effort, satisfaction, and stability: Differences across union type. Journal of marital and family therapy.
- Michael Bartlett, Kevin M Shafer, Michael M O Seipel (2013). Egalitarian Attitudes and their Association with Income, Poverty, and Entitlement Program Utilization. Journal of Human Behavior & the Social Environment.
- Garrett T Pace, Kevin M Shafer (2013). Parenting and Depression: Differences Across Parental Roles. Journal of Family Issues.
- Garrett T Pace, Kevin M Shafer, Todd M Jensen, Jeffry Hale Larson (2013). Stepparenting Issues and Relationship Quality: The Role of Clear Communication. Journal of Social Work.
- Alexander Gray, Kevin M Shafer, Gordon E Limb, Dean M Busby (2013). Unique influences on American Indian relationship quality: An American Indian and Caucasian comparision. Journal of Comparative Family Studies.