Kevin Shafer, Assistant Professor
Department: Social WorkVita
Kevin Shafer has been an Assistant Professor in the School of Social Work at Brigham Young University since 2011. His work addresses men's mental health, fathering, and how paternal mental health impacts father involvement and child wellbeing.
- PhD, The Ohio State University, 2009
- MA, The Ohio State University, 2005
- BA, The Ohio State University, 2002
• Men’s mental health
• Intersections of these issues, both in the United States and Latin America (Brazil)
- Kevin M Shafer, Jennifer L Bellamy (2016). Focusing on Men and Fathers--A Challenge for Social Work Research and Practice. Social Work Research.
- Kevin M Shafer, Douglas Wendt (2016). Gender Differences in Help Seeking Attitudes: Results from National Data. Health & Social Work.
- Garrett T Pace, Kevin M Shafer (2015). Parenting and Depression: Differences Across Parental Roles. Journal of Family Issues.
- John Hoffmann, Kevin M Shafer (2015). Linear Regression Analysis: Assumptions and Applications.
- Kevin M Shafer, Garrett T Pace (2015). Gender Differences in Depression Across Parental Roles. Social Work.
- Kevin M Shafer, Douglas Wendt (2015). Men's Mental Health: A Call to Social Workers. Social Work.
- Kevin M Shafer, Todd M Jensen, Jeffry Hale Larson (2014). An Actor-Partner Model of Relationship Effort and Marital Quality. Family Relations.
- Gordon E Limb, Kevin M Shafer, Katrina Sandoval (2014). The Impact of Kin Support on Urban American Indian Families. Child & Family Social Work.
- Kevin M Shafer, Todd M Jensen, Jeffry Hale Larson (2014). Relationship effort, satisfaction, and stability: Differences across union type. Journal of marital and family therapy.
- Kevin M Shafer (2013). Unique Matching Patterns in Remarriage: Educational Assortative Mating among Divorced Men and Women. Journal of Family Issues.