- PhD, University of Central Lancashire, 2004
- BSc, Utah State University, 2001
Media, Aggression, Children, Adolescence
- Mary Lou Fulton Young Scholar Award, 2016
- Raymond E. Beckham Lecture Series award, 2013
- Laura Padilla Walker, William J Dyer, Jeremy B Yorgason, Ashley M. Fraser, Sarah Marie Coyne (2015). Adolescents' Prosocial Behavior toward Family, Friends, and Strangers: A Person-Centered Approach. Journal of Research on Adolescence .
- Curt Johnson, Melissa Ann Heath, Benjamin M Bailey, Sarah Marie Coyne, Niwako Yamawaki, Dennis Lee Eggett (2013). Adolescents’ Perceptions of Male Involvement in Relational Aggression: Age and Gender Differences. Routledge, Journal of School Violence.
- Laura Padilla Walker, Sarah Marie Coyne, Ashley M Fraser, Laura Stockdale (2013). Is Disney the nicest place on earth? Prosocial behavior in Disney films. Journal of Communication.
- Ashley M Fraser , Laura Padilla Walker, Sarah Marie Coyne, Larry J Nelson, Laura A Stockdale (2012). Bringing out the inner soldier: Associations between violent video games, empathy, and prosocial behavior toward three targets. Journal of Youth and Adolescence.
- Laura Padilla Walker, Sarah Marie Coyne, Ashley Fraser, William J Dyer, Jeremy B Yorgason (2012). Parents and adolescents growing up in the digital age: Latent growth curve analysis of proactive media monitoring. Journal of Adolescence.
- Laura Padilla Walker, Sarah Marie Coyne (2012). Getting a high speed family connection: Associations between family media use and family connection. Family Relations .
- Sterling Stauffer, Melissa Ann Heath, Sarah Marie Coyne, Scott Ellis Ferrin (2012). High school teachers’ perceptions of cyber bullying: Prevention and intervention strategies. Psychology in the Schools.
- Sarah Marie Coyne, Nicola Gundersen, David Allen Nelson, Laura Stockdale (2011). Adolescents’ prosocial responses to ostracism: An experimental study. Journal of Social Psychology.
- Laura Padilla Walker, Sarah Marie Coyne (2011). "Turn that thing off!" Parent and adolescent predictors of proactive media monitoring . Journal of Adolescence .
- Sarah Marie Coyne, Laura Padilla Walker, Laura Stockdale, Randal D Day (2011). Game on girls: Associations between co-playing video games and adolescent behavioral and family outcomes. Journal of Adolescent Health .