- Development Sociology, PhD, Cornell University, 2013
- Development Sociology, MS, Cornell University, 2008
- Masters in Public Administration, Cornell University, 2006
- International Politics, BS, Brigham Young University, 2002
Rural inequalities, Poverty, Health, The effects of globalization in Southeast Asia
- American Sociological Association
- Population Association of American
- Rural Sociological Society
- Scott Russell Sanders, Lance David Erickson, Vaughn R A Call, Jacob S Rugh, Matthew McKnight (2016). Healthcare Utilization in the Heartland: How Healthcare Selection Varies Between Rural Retirement-Age Migrants and Long-Term Residents. Rural Sociology.
- Scott Russell Sanders (2015). Rural America. The Oxford Encyclopedia of Latinos and Latinas in Contemporary Politics, Law, and Social Movements.
- Brian C Theide, Daniel T Lichter, Scott Russell Sanders (2015). America’s working poor: Conceptualization, measurement, and new estimates. Work and Occupations.
- Daniel T Lichter, Scott Russell Sanders, Kenneth M Johnson (2015). Hispanics at the Starting Line: Poverty among Newborn Infants in Established Gateways and New Destinations. Social Forces.
- Scott Russell Sanders, Lance David Erickson, Vaughn R A Call, Mathew McKnight, Dawson W Hedges (2015). Rural Health Care Bypass Behavior: How Community and Spatial Characteristics Affect Primary Health Care Selection. Journal of Rural Health.
- Scott Russell Sanders, David L. Brown (2014). Escaping Poverty in Post- Socialist Vietnam: Does space matter? Poverty & Public Policy.
- Scott Russell Sanders (2014). North vs. South: The effects of FDI and historical legacies on poverty in Post-doi moi Vietnam. Journal of Vietnamese Studies.
- Scott Russell Sanders, David L. Brown (2012). The Migratory Response of Labor to Special Economic Zones in the Philippines, 1995-200. Population Research and Policy Review.