Jonathan Jarvis, Assistant Professor
Office: 2031 JFSB
Globalization and Education, Asian Migration, Cross-National Differences in Family Structure Change, Korea
- National Council on Family Relations (NCFR)
- Society for Longitudinal and Life Course Studies (SLLS)
- Association of Korean Sociologists in America (AKSA)
- American Sociological Association (ASA)
- Jarvis, J. (2019). Lost in Translation: Obstacles to Converting Global Cultural Capital to Local Occupational Success. In Sociological Perspectives.
- Dufur, M., & Jarvis, J. (2019). The Influence of Foreign-Born Population on Immigrant and Native-Born Students’ Academic Achievement. Socius.
- Dufur, M., & Jarvis, J. (2019). US Achievement Underperformance in an International Context: Are Low PISA Scores from the Poor to Blame?. Teachers College Record.
- Gibbs, B., & Jarvis, J. (2017). The Relative Age Effect Reversal among the National Hockey League Elite. PLOS ONE.
- Gibbs, B., & Jarvis, J. (2017). The Asian American Advantage in Math among Young Children: The Complex Role of Parenting. Sociological Perspectives, 60(2), 315-337.