Jini Roby, Professor
Department: Social Work
Office: 2166 JFSB
Jini Roby was adopted from South Korea at the age of 14. She is married to Dr. C.Y. Roby and they have three daughters, two sons in law and a grandson. Jini has worked extensively in Africa, Asia and the U.S. on child welfare/child protection issues as a social worker and attorney.
International child welfare with a focus on orphan care and supportive parenting policies and programming.
- James, S., Roby, J., Powell, L. J., Teuscher, B. A., & Hamstead, K. L. (forthcoming). Does Family Reunification from Residential Care Facilities Serve Children's Best Interest? A Propensity-Score Matching Approach in Ghana.. , 83, 232-241.
- Roby, J. (2017). Federal and state responses to domestic minor sex trafficking: The evolution of policy. Social Work, 62(3), 201–210.
- Roby, J. L. (2016). Altruistic exploitation: Orphan tourism and global social work. British Journal of Social Work.
- Jensen, T. M., Shafer, K., Roby, C. Y., & Roby, J. (2014). Sexual history disclosure polygraph outcomes: Do juveniles and adult sex offenders differ?: Journal of Interpersonal Violence. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Journals.
- Roby, J., Pennell, J., Rotabi, K., Bunkers, K. M., & de Ucles, S. (2014). Contextual adaptation of Family Group Conferencing model: Early evidence from Guatemala. British Journal of Social Work, Advance access(NA), NA.
- Roby, J. (2014). Editorial: Editorial on human trafficking. London: Sage UK.
- Roby, J. (2013). Perception of food and labor equity among orphans living in kin care in Uganda. Internationa Journal of Social Welfare, 12.
- Roby, J. (2012). Family group conferencing as a culturally adaptable intervention: Reforming intercountry adoption in Guatemala. International Social Work, 55(3), 402-416.
- Roby, J. (2012). Human rights considerations in intercountry adoption: The children and families of Cambodia and Marshall Islands. Intercountry adoption: Policies, practices and outcomes, 16.
- Roby, J. (2012). Human trafficking. Handbook of international social work, 9.
- Dyer, K. A., Roby, J., Day, R., & Mupedziswa, R. (2011). Father involvement in Botswana: How adolescents perceive father presence and support. Families in Society, 92(4), 426-431.
- Haber, D., & Roby, J. (2011). Stigma by association: The effects of caring for HIV/AIDS patients in South Africa: Health and Social Care in the Community. London, UK: Blackwell Publishing.
- Roby, J. (forthcoming). Discussion paper on children in informal care. In (pp. 85 pages). New York, New York:
- Roby, J. (2010). The spirituality of vulnerable children in South Africa: Implications for social development and welfare. Journal of Social Development in Africa, 25(2), 11-40.