Karen Auman, Assistant Professor
Office: 2111 JFSB
Karen Auman is Assistant Professor of History at BYU. Her research focuses on Germans in the colonial Atlantic world, religion on the American frontiers, migrations and families. She is currently working on a manuscript based upon her PhD dissertation entitled The Good Forest: Settlement and Community in Trustee Georgia. The book centers on the lives of the Salzburg exiles who settled Georgia in the mid-eighteenth century with the support of British and German philanthropy, and examines the interwoven themes of colonization, charity, and transatlantic religious networks.
- BA in European Studies from Brigham Young University,
- MA History in American History from San Jose State University,
- MBA in from Brigham Young University,
- PhD History in Atlantic World from New York University, 2014
- Board for Certification of Genealogists