Roy Bean, Associate Professor
Department: Family Life
Office: 257 TLRB
- Ph.D. from Brigham Young University,
Parent-Adolescent Relationships in Ethnically Diverse Families
Cultural competence with Latino Families in Therapy
Spanish Translations of Psycho-social Assessments
- Hill, E., Allsop, D. B., LeBaron, A. B., & Bean, R. (2017). How do money, sex, and stress influence marital instability?. Journal of Financial Therapy, 8(1), 21-42.
- Walker, L., & Bean, R. (2015). Associations between Friendship, Sympathy, and Prosocial Behavior Toward Friends. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 25, 25-32.
- Bean, R. (2014). Clinical Supervision Activities for Increasing Competence and Self-Awareness. .
- Miller, R., Nunes, N., & Bean, R. (forthcoming). Marital problems and marital satisfaction among Brazilian couples. American Journal of Family Therapy..
- Bean, R. (2012). Seven Letters that will bring you closer to your College Student. .
- Bean, R., & Hsieh, A. L. (2011). The role of parenting and personal characteristics on deviant peer association among European American and Latino adolescents. Child and Youth Services Review, 33, 2034-2042.
- Harper, J., & Bean, R. (2011). Pathways to parental knowledge: The role of family process and family structure. Journal of Early Adolescence, 25.
- Barber, B. K., Bean, R., & Erickson, L. (2002). Expanding the study and understanding of parental psychological control. Intrusive parenting: How psychological control affects children and adolescents, 263-289.