Spencer James, Associate Professor
Department: Family Life
Office: 2095 JFSB
- International Association for Relationship Research
- National Council on Family Relations
- Population Association of America
- Amato, P. R., & James, S. (forthcoming). Changes in spousal relationships over the marital life course. In Social networks and the Life Course. New York: Springer International.
- James, S., Roby, J., Powell, L. J., Teuscher, B. A., & Hamstead, K. L. (forthcoming). Does Family Reunification from Residential Care Facilities Serve Children's Best Interest? A Propensity-Score Matching Approach in Ghana.. , 83, 232-241.
- White, T., Duncan, S., Yorgason, J., James, S., & Holmes, E. (forthcoming). Marital Interventions: Participation, Helpfulness, and Change in a Nationally Representative Sample. Family Relations.
- James, S. (2018). Toward Understanding Posttraumatic Stress and Depression among Trauma-Affected Widows in Sri Lanka. Psychological Trauma: Research, Practice & Policy.
- Willoughby, B., & James, S. (2017). The Marriage Paradox. .
- Shafer, K., James, S., & Larson, J. (2016). Relationship Self-Regulation and Relationship Quality: The Moderating Influence of Gender: Journal of Child & Family Studies.
- James, S. (2015). Changes in marital beliefs among emerging adults: Examining marital paradigms over time.. Emerging Adulthood, 3.
- James, S. (2015). Intergenerational Assistance to Adult Children: Gender and Number of Sisters and Brothers. Journal of Family Issues, 36(8).
- James, S. (2015). Variation in Marital Quality in a National Sample of Divorced Women. Journal of Family Psychology, 48, 479-489.
- James, S. (2015). Variation in Trajectories of Women's Marital Quality. Social Science Research, 49, 16-30.
- James, S. (2014). Longitudinal Patterns of Marital Quality: The Case of Divorce, Cohabitation, and Race-Ethnicity. Marriage and Family Review, 50(8), 738-763.
- James, S., & Amato, P. R. (2013). Self-Esteem and the Reproduction of Social Class. Social Science Quarterly, In Press(In Press), In Press.
- Shafer, K., & James, S. (2013). Gender and SES Differences in First and Second Marriage Formation. Journal of Marriage & Family, 75(3).
- James, S. (2012). Reassessing the Link between Women's Premarital Cohabitation and Marital Quality. Social Forces, 91(2), 635-662.
- James, S. (2012). Temporal Differences in Remarriage Timing: Comparing Divorcés and Widows. Journal of Divorce & Remarriage, 53(7), 543-558.