Shawn Gale, Associate Professor
Office: 1060 SWKT
Licensed Psychologist since 1995 & Board Certified Clinical Neuropsychologist since 2000. Places practiced: private practice in SLC, University of Virginia Dept. of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, and SJHMC/ Barrow Neurological Institute.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in from LDS Hospital, 1995
- PhD in from Brigham Young University, 1994
- Internship in from LDS Hospital, 1993
- MS in from Brigham Young University, 1990
- BS in from Brigham Young University, 1988
My research interests are largely centered in the field of neuropsychology, which is the study of brain-behavior relationships. I utilize clinical and research techniques, including neurocognitive assessment and neuroimaging through our new MRI Research Facility here on campus, and neuroepidemiological techniques, to investigate outcome following traumatic brain injury and epilepsy. More recently, I have become very interested in the potential negative effects of (latent) infectious disease on neurocognitive functions.