Shayne Anderson, Associate Professor
Department: Family Life
Office: 262 TLRB
- Ph.D. in Child and Family Development from The University of Georgia, 2007
- MS in Marriage and Family Therapy from Brigham Young University, 2002
- B.S. in Family Science from Brigham Young University, 1999
My research focuses on understanding the change process in couple and family therapy. In particular, I am interested in understanding common predictors and mediators of change across different models of therapy.
- Society for Psychotherapy Research
- National Council on Family Relations
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Johnson, L., Selland, B., Mennenga, K. D., Oka, M., Tambling, R. B., & Anderson, S. (2018). Examining the link between exercise and positive relationship events in clinical couples. American Journal of Family Therapy10.1080/01926187.2018.1437574, 13.
- Johnson, L., Mennenga, K. D., Oka, M., Tambling, R. B., & Anderson, S. (2017). Effects of daily events for clinical couples: Examining therapy interventions, positive events, and exercise. Family Process, 19.
- Johnson, L., Selland, B., Mennenga, K. D., Oka, M., Rachel, T. B., Anderson, S., & Miller, R. (2017). Examining the Link Between Exercise and Marital Arguments in Clinical Couples. Couple and Family Psychology: Research and Practice, 6, 226-234.
- Johnson, L., Miller, R., Bradford, A., & Anderson, S. (2017). The Marriage and Family Therapy Practice Research Network (MFT-PRN): Creating a more perfect union between practice and research. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 43, 561-572.
- Johnson, L., Tambling, R. B., Mennenga, K. D., Ketring, S. A., Oka, M., Anderson, S., Miller, R. (2015). Examining attachment avoidance and attachment anxiety across eight sessions of couple therapy. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 42, 195-212.
- Johnson, L., Tambling, R. B., & Anderson, S. (2015). A video recall study of in-session changes in sentiment override.. Family Process, 54, 485-497.
- Anderson, S. (2011). Defining high conflict. Volume 39 pp 11-27.. .