Michael Barber, Assistant Professor
Department: Political Science
- PhD in Politics from Princeton University, 2014
American politics, Congress, political polarization, political ideology
- Barber, M., & Schmidt, S. (2019). Electoral Competitiveness and Legislative Productivity. American Politics Research.
- Barber, M., & Pope, J. (2019). Does Party Trump Ideology? Disentangling Party and Ideology in America. American Political Science Review.
- Barber, M., Bolton, A., & Thrower, S. (2019). Legislative Constraints on Executive Unilateralism in Separation of Powers Systems. Legislative Studies Quarterly.
- Abramson, S. F., & Barber, M. (2019). The Evolution of National Constitutions. Quarterly Journal of Political Science.
- Barber, M. (2016). Ideological Donors, Contribution Limits, and the Polarization of State Legislatures. Journal of Politics, 78(1).
- Barber, M., Mann, C. J., Monson, J., & Patterson, K. (2014). Online Polls and Registration Based Sampling: A New Method for Pre-election Polling. Political Analysis, 21, 321-335.