Dr. Chad Gibbs practiced as an interior designer in both residential and healthcare environments for firms in Boston, MA, Salt Lake City, UT, and Saint Paul, MN. Before accepting a full time teaching position at Brigham Young University, he was part of the faculty at Colorado State University and Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Gibbs holds degrees from Brigham Young University (BFA) and The University of Minnesota - Twin Cities (MA and Ph.D). His primary research and teaching focus has been on creating meaningful interiors that nurture the experience of home.
Research InterestsMeaningful Design - Defining home in the United States. Measuring meaning in the house.
Teaching InterestsDesigning to create environments that nurture the creation of positive meaning associations.
- Ph.D., Interior Design , University of Minnesota - Twin Cities (2007)
- MA, Interior Design , University of Minnesota - Twin Cities (2000)
- BFA, Interior Design , Brigham Young University (1993)
- American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (2015 - Present)
- Interior Design Educators Council (IDEC) (2008 - Present)