David earned his doctorate in counseling psychology from Arizona State University. He holds a masters in counseling psychology from Central Washington University and a masters in social work from University of Utah. He has also studied at Utah State University and Brigham Young University-Idaho. He is a licensed psychologist and uniformed clinical psychologist for the Army National Guard.
Research InterestsHelp-seeking behavior and suicide prevention for military service members, Veterans and in schools-aged populations.
Teaching InterestsDavid enjoys teaching clinical application courses, including motivational interviewing and psychopathology (DSM) as well as research application courses, including applied program evaluation.
- MSW, Social Work , University of Utah (2016)
- PhD, Counseling Psychology , Arizona State University (2004)
- MS, Counseling Psychology , Central Washington University (2000)
- BS, Psychology , Utah State University (1998)
- Associates, General Education , BYU-Idaho (1995)
- Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (2017 - 2017)