Jane Lilly López is an assistant professor of sociology. Her research interests include citizenship (as both a legal status and a lived experience/identity) and the effects of law in the public and private realms of everyday life. Her current book project, "Unauthorized Love," examines the intersections of immigration, citizenship, and family in the law and in everyday life.
Research InterestsImmigration, Citizenship, Law, Race & Ethnicity, Family, Qualitative Methodology
Teaching InterestsDr. López teaches a range of courses, including a broad survey course on current social problems, an undergraduate capstone course on the sociology of immigration, and the Latino Civil Rights Seminar (with Dr. DJ Gonzales).
- PhD, Sociology , University of California San Diego (2018)
- MSc, Evidence-Based Social Work , University of Oxford (2006)
- BA, Urban Studies , Stanford University (2005)
- Law & Society Association (2015 - Present)
- American Sociological Association (2011 - Present)